Work Permit Holder Services

The ANC offers programs and assistance for Temporary residents such as Work Permit Holders and International Students. Program/service eligibility is dependent on an individual’s Immigration Status.

Programs and services include:

  • Settlement information and orientations about life in Canada
  • Needs assessments, referrals to both internal and external programs, and assistance with settlement planning
  • Application support for both provincial and federal programs, such as Canada Child Benefit (CCB), Medical Care Program (MCP), and Temporary status permit extensions.
  • ESL- English as a second Language which includes conducting assessments and referring to online and evening classes
  • Online Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) preparation course
  • Career services assists newcomers with regards to credential assessment, Pre-employment services and entrepreneurship support.

Temporary residents can also volunteer as part of our Community Connections. They can also take part and play a role in the ANC’s Diversity and Public Education programs and services.